World Map

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 5 Homework Task

Make a family tree in your homework book. Find out where your ancestors came from. Dig as deep as you can to find out as much as you can. Ask parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles and anyone that knows about your family. See how far you can go back.

List some 'wonderings' about your ancestors and where they came from. Here are some the the examples of my wonderings:

I wonder if my great, great, great grandparents had have stayed in Scotland or England or France what would my life be like now? What language or accent would I have?

I wonder what jobs my great, great, great grandfathers had

I wonder how my ancestors travelled from their countries to New Zealand? I wonder why they came? I wonder if they lived in any countries on the way?

Write at least 5 'wonderings'.

2 comments:

  1. * I wonder if my ancestors ever came to New Zealand.

    * I wonder what my ancestors look like?

    * I wonder what my great, great grandmother was like???

    * I wonder what towns or cities my ancestors came from?

    * I wonder what my ancestors would say if they wake up today and saw what the world was like now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I wonder if my ancestors had been to any other countries before New Zealand?

    *I wonder if why my ancestors came to New Zealand?

    *I wonder where the name Foote orginates from?

    *I wonder what Jacksons Bay was like when my ancestors landed?

    *I wonder what life was like for my pioneering ancestors when they first came to the West Caost?

    ReplyDelete